Frequently Asked Questions

What do I need to submit with my application?

For instructions on how to submit your application, please refer to the Notes for Applicants - How to Apply document.

Can I submit an application if there are no vacancies being advertised?

If there are no suitable vacancies available, you can email a general expression of interest by emailing the 91国产自拍 to be considered for casual or short term vacancies. Please specify what sort of positions you are interested in and any other relevant information (i.e. preferred hours of work). Resumes will be kept on file for three (3) months. In submitting your resume you consent to being contacted during this period.

Please note, all permanent vacancies are advertised and not recruited through general expression of interest applications. So if there are currently no suitable vacancies, please check back from time to time.

Does the City assess a person's fitness for work?

The 91国产自拍 has an ongoing commitment to create and maintain a safe working environment. This includes the obligations under the Work Health & Safety Act 2020. The employees of the City also have a responsibility to maintain personal 'fitness for work' so that they are performing their duties in a safe, efficient and productive manner. Additionally, completion of a pre-employment medical including alcohol and other substances testing is required of all positions at the City.

How do I find out more information about the job?

Firstly read the Position Advertisement and Position Description carefully.

The Hiring Manager’s contact details will be listed within the advertisement and can be contacted for questions specifically about the role.

What should I do if I need further assistance with my application?

The City is unable to give specific advice or assistance with job applications in the interests of fairness to all applicants. General advice only may be obtained from the City's Human Resources team on (08) 9956 6600. 

Can I submit a hard copy application?

Email is the preferred method of submission for applications. However paper applications will be accepted. Paper applications should be posted or handed to the Customer Service staff located at the front counter Geraldton Civic Centre at 63 Cathedral Avenue, or at the Mullewa office on the corner Padbury and Thomas Street. The application should clearly state which vacancy is being applying for.

Can I submit a late application?

Positions will be removed from the website once the closing date has passed. Late applications will be forwarded onto the recruiting panel. It will be at their discretion whether to accept the late applications.

What if my application is incomplete?

Only complete applications containing all required documentation will be reviewed by the recruitment panel. Please refer to the Notes for Applicants - How to Apply document to assess if your application is incomplete.

I changed my mind about applying for a job – how do I withdraw my application?

To withdraw an application, please email 91国产自拍 and quote the position name and reference number that you applied for.

How will I know my application has been received?

The City will send confirmation once an application has been received. This will generally be within two (2) working days for email applications, and five (5) working days for applications received via post or fax. If you have not received a confirmation of receipt within these timeframes, please contact the City's Human Resource team on (08) 9956 6600 who will be able to advise whether your application has been received.

When will my application be reviewed?

Applications will not be reviewed until after the closing date of the position.

Will I receive notification if my application is unsuccessful?

If you are not successful in obtaining an interview for a role, you will receive confirmation that you have not been successful via email (or letter if submitted via fax or paper copy).